04 July 2012
happy fourth of july, everyone!
i bought this clutch (also discussed here) from a thrift store in san diego, and i was sure that i wanted to do something with it when i had more time. so, while we waited to move into our house (here in okinawa), i decided it was time for my clutch to have a face lift in honor of 4th of july!
1. my supplies: blue tape, red and white fabric paint, brushes, and navy blue clutch. there are paints specifically for leather/pleather, but michaels didn't have them so i took a risk with fabric paint and it worked out well!
2. i wanted to create stripes so i decided to use "natural stripes" already in the middle of the clutch. i used blue tape to separate the stripes. (pardon the newspaper working area. it doesn't look "pretty", but it was the best thing i could find as a work area.)
3. i painted the middle stripe red. i did 2 layers, waiting 20 minutes before applying the second layer.
4. i decided to let the paint dry overnight since i did the project while my daughter slept. at least 4 hours is all it needed.
5. i separated the next segment of stripes with blue tape, making sure that i covered the area that i already painted very well.
6. i painted the designated area with white paint. i did 3 layers to cover up the blue and waited about 10-20 minutes before each layer.
7. voila! my very own patriotic clutch in red, white and blue! i couldn't be happier with how it turned out and the colors were just right! next is the fun part of wearing it with an outfit! stay tuned... what do you think?
enjoy your fourth and be safe! xoxo
01 July 2012
tank: kirkland. cardi: f21. belt and shorts: jcrew. shoes: (borrowed from my mom)
bag: gucci (borrowed from my mom). jewels: bulova watch, tiffany's, anthropologie, fanciful wish
i finally have some time to post a few of my outfits from before we left the u.s. thank you to yolanda of hope, wish, dream, and love, annie of the other side of gray, and yi-chia of always maylee for guest posting! we're still in the process of getting settled into living in a new country. i can't wait for our family to be settled in our home and have a sense of routine....oh, the things we take for granted! i also can't wait to start taking outfit photos! :)
happy sunday! xx
29 June 2012
Color Blocking Fun
Hi everyone! I’m Yi-chia and I blog over at Always Maylee. I’m taking over Heidi’s fabulous blog while she makes her move to Japan. Can’t wait to see those pictures Heidi!
Today I’m talking about colors. By now, everyone knows this summer it’s all about color. Even before this trend emerged, I loved colors and I love to color block. All the colors together in one outfit just totally brightens up my day. Here are some of my tips for summer time color blocking fun!
Pick a main color to use in the outfit. The pink in my shirt and my shoes anchor this look.
Don’t forget about your shoes! They can participate in the color blocking fun too.
Don’t want your color blocking outfit to be too loud? Add a neutral cardi or neutral
shoes to help tone it down.
28 June 2012
|hatta mountains. dubai, uae. viewed from hot air balloon.|
|maui. view of the west side of haleakala mountains.|
|maui. view from haleakala mountains.|
|maui. view from haleakala mountains.|
27 June 2012
Hey guys! I'm Annie and I blog over at The Other Side of Gray. I am SUPER excited to be guest posting for Heidi today!
Since I am wearing this lovely Madewell dress, I thought I would talk a little bit about my love for polka dots. They are awesome, aren't they? This dress was one of those items I stalked in the Madewell Spring look book for months. It was totally inappropriate for me to be lusting after it in January, but nonetheless I would check online everyday to see if it was available, nervously biting my nails... and then slap my hand on the table in anger when it wasn't! Until one day. One day, I clicked the new arrivals section...and there it was. This sweet beauty...mine for the taking/ordering. Boy were my hands happy that day - no more nail biting or red palms. Some (my mom) have said I have a problem, but can you really blame me? Polka dots are so awesome - they deserve to be stalked :)
20 June 2012
15 June 2012
top: zara. shorts: f21. belt: j. crew. shoes: (burrowed from my mom). bag: louis vuitton.
jewelry: bulova watch, carollee, f21, diy cross bracelet by hope, wish, dream, and love.
happy friday everyone! i love the gold stud detail on the collar of this simple black top and these crochet shorts was a great find at f21!
since we will be trying to get our bearings in japan the next couple of weeks, i'm happy to say that i will have a couple of guest bloggers (yolanda from hope, wish, dream, and love and annie from the other side of gray) on my blog! i'm super excited for all of you to meet them and read what they have to say and/or share their styles! stay tuned...
enjoy your weekend!